PIB Analysis 06-02-23
India Energy Week (IEW) 2023
- India Energy Week (IEW) 2023 will be held in Bengaluru, Karnataka from 6th to 8th February 2023.
- IEW is aimed to showcase India’s rising prowess as an energy transition powerhouse.
- The event will bring together leaders from the traditional and non-traditional energy industry, governments, and academia to discuss the challenges and opportunities that a responsible energy transition presents.
- It will see the presence of more than 30 Ministers from across the world.
- During the programme, multiple initiatives in the field of green energy will be launched including;
- In line with the ethanol blending roadmap E20 fuel will be launched at 84 retail outlets of Oil Marketing Companies in 11 States/UTs.
- E20 is a blend of 20% ethanol with petrol.
- The government aims to achieve a complete 20% blending of ethanol by 2025, and oil marketing companies are setting up 2G-3G ethanol plants that will facilitate the progress.
- Due to the sustained efforts of the government, ethanol production capacity has seen a six times increase since 2013-14.
- Ethanol Blending Programe & Biofuels Programe have not only augmented India’s energy security but have also resulted in a host of other benefits including reduction of 318 Lakh Metric Tonnes of CO2 emissions and foreign exchange savings of around Rs 54,000 crore.
Green Mobility Rally:
- The rally will witness participation of vehicles running on green energy sources and will help create public awareness for the green fuels.
‘Unbottled’ initiative of Indian Oil:
- In order to phase out single-use plastic, Indian Oil has adopted uniforms for retail customer attendants and LPG delivery personnel made from recycled polyester (rPET) & cotton.
- Each set of uniform of Indian Oil’s customer attendant shall support recycling of around 28 used PET bottles.
- Indian Oil is taking this initiative further through ‘Unbottled’ – a brand for sustainable garments, launched for merchandise made from recycled polyester.
- Under this brand, IndianOil targets to meet the requirement of uniforms for the customer attendants of other Oil Marketing Companies, non-combat uniforms for Army, uniforms/ dresses for Institutions & sales to retail customers.
Twin-Cooktop Model of Indoor Solar Cooking System:
- Indian Oil will be rolling out a twin-cooktop model of its Indoor Solar Cooking System.
- Indian Oil had earlier developed an innovative and patented Indoor Solar Cooking System with single cooktop.
- On the basis of feedback received, twin-cooktop Indoor Solar Cooking system has been designed offering more flexibility and ease to the users.
- It is a revolutionary indoor solar cooking solution that works on both solar and auxiliary energy sources simultaneously, making it a reliable cooking solution for India.
For more updates Click Here