PIB Analysis 08-11-22
Submersible Platform for Acoustic Characterization & Evaluation (SPACE)
- Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO) launched Hull Module of Submersible Platform for Acoustic Characterization & Evaluation (SPACE) facility at Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) Kochi recently.
- It is a state-of-the-art testing and evaluation facility for sonar systems developed for use by the Indian navy onboard various platforms, including ships, submarines and helicopters.
- The SPACE facility is based on the concept design and requirements projected by NPOL and has been constructed by M/s L&T Shipbuilding, Chennai.
- This will be mainly utilized for evaluating Sonar systems, allowing for quick deployment and easy recovery of scientific packages such as sensors and transducers.
- The SPACE is one-of-a-kind facility in the world.
- The uniqueness of this facility lies in the specially designed submersible platform, which can be lowered up to depths of 100 meters using a series of synchronously operated winches.
- The design and construction of the platform meet all the statutory needs of Indian Register of Shipping and the vessel classifying authority and strictly adhere to the inspection and registration criteria as per Kerala Inland Vessel Rules.
Broadcast Air-Time Scheduler (BATS)
- In view to streamline and automate the commercial operations of Prasar Bharati, PB inaugurated a fully integrated Traffic & Billing application software “Broadcast Air-Time Scheduler (BATS)” for all Commercial Operations of All India Radio” on 7th November, 2022 at Prasar Bharati Secretariat.
- BATS can bring about transparency into the entire operations and make the entire commercial operations very efficient.
- It allows monitoring of booking, billing and payment receipts etc. at various stages and system can provide various reports which are very essential in taking many management decisions.
- App is also available on mobile.
- Software is menu driven enterprise which has been customized to the need of All India Radio making it handier and more useful.
BATS has been provided by M/s. Media Nucleus and has the following important features:
- To manage the scheduling and billing of advertising orders across multiple stations via one central database.
- Contracts are handled seamlessly from Release Order entry to single or multi-invoice billing.
- Increases operational efficiency and reduces cost.
- Media Sales Traffic increases the efficiency of the organization by providing traffic team a flexible solution for planning, scheduling and billing of spots.
- Ensures accurate billing by effectively managing account hierarchy, different Package and Products, Pricing plans, Content Rights Management, Automated Ad Booking along with Discounts offered on bulk deals, Charges, and Billing cycle Invoicing.
- Payment processing and collections through integrated Payment Gateway of SBI.