Weapon Systems Branch
- The government has given the green light to the establishment of a new branch of the Indian Air Force (IAF), known as the Weapon Systems (WS) branch.
- To operate all ground-based and specialised airborne weapon systems, the WS branch would require the unification of all weapon system operators under a single organisation.
- Surface-to-Surface missile operators, Surface-to-Air missile operators, remotely piloted aircraft operators, and weapon system operators in twin/multi-crew aircraft would all fall under the purview of this branch.
- The branch will make a significant contribution by improving the Indian Air Force’s capacity for combat.
Air Force Day
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has greeted the members of Indian Air Force and their families on the occasion of Air Force Day.
What is the theme of this year’s anniversary celebrations?
“Transforming for the Future”
Where was it held?
Sukhna Lake, Chandigarh
- The President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu in her message on the eve of Milad-un-Nabi has said: –
- “On the occasion of Eid-e-Milad or Milad-un-Nabi, which is celebrated to commemorate the birthday of Prophet Muhammad, I extend my greetings to all the fellow citizens, especially our Muslim brothers and sisters.
Why is it celebrated?
- Mawlid, Mawlid an-Nabi ash-Sharif or Eid Milad un Nabi is the observance of the birthday of the Islamic prophet Muhammad which is commemorated in Rabi’ al-awwal, the third month in the Islamic calendar.