PIB Analysis 10-01-23
Capacity Building Programme for The Civil Servants
- Two weeks capacity building programme for the civil servants of Bangladesh, Maldives and Arunachal Pradesh commenced today at Mussoorie campus of the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG).
- This included 39 officers from Bangladesh (56th batch); 26 participants from Maldives (20th batch) and 22 participants from Arunachal Pradesh in the 1st capacity building programme for the state.
- NCGG has already been conducting such programmes for the civil servants of Jammu & Kashmir, with great success.
- Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions is directed to hold special programmes for the civil servants of Arunachal Pradesh.
- In this 2-weeks programmes for the civil servants of Bangladesh, Maldives and Arunachal Pradesh, civil servants will be able to interact with experts on diverse topics.
These topics will include
- changing paradigm of governance,
- vision of India @ 2047 and role of civil servants,
- decentralised municipal solid waste management,
- role of government recruitment agency to strengthen governance,
- health care services in remote areas,
- ethical perspectives in governance,
- disaster management,
- overview of rural development in India,
- approach to SDGs by 2030,
- health governance in India,
- climate change and its impact on biodiversity – policies and global practices,
- anti-corruption practices,
- LiFE, circular economy, etc.
National Science Day 2023
- The theme for the “National Science Day 2023”, titled “Global Science for Global Wellbeing” has been released at National Media Centre, Delhi.
- The theme indicates India’s emerging global role and rising visibility in the international arena.
- “Global Science for Global Wellbeing” is perfectly in sync with India assuming the Presidency of G-20, since India will become the voice of the global south.
- The National Science Day (NSD) is celebrated every year on 28 February to commemorate the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’.
- Government of India designated 28 February as National Science Day (NSD) in 1986.
- On this day Sir C.V. Raman announced the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930.