PIB Analysis 10-10-22
Sun Temple at Modhera
- It was built in 1026-27 CE during the reign of Bhima I of the Solanki dynasty and is a protected monument maintained by Archaeological Survey of India.
The temple complex is divided into three components:
- Gudhamandapa, the shrine hall,
- Sabhamandapa, the assembly hall and
- Kunda, the reservoir.
The temple is suspected to have been built to commemorate the defense of Modhera by Bhima I against Mahmud of Ghazni.
The temple complex is built in Maru-Gurjara style also known as Solanki style.
Modheshwari Mata Temple
- The temple is located near the ruins of famous Sun Temple, where another original place of worship is situated below the step-well.
- This temple is very famous amongst the Modh clan of Gujarat as Goddess Modheshwari is considered as the deity of the Modh clan.
- The Goddess Modheshwari is believed to be a form of Goddess Parvati and is known for having 18 arms with each arm carrying various weapons to protect the clan from danger.
Raising Day of Territorial Army
- The 73rd Raising Day of Territorial Army was celebrated across the country on 09 Oct 2022 to commemorate its raising by the first Governor General Shri C Rajagopalachari on this day in 1949.
- The Territorial Army (TA) of India is an auxiliary military organisation of part-time volunteers that provides support service to the Indian Army.
- The TA was constituted by the Territorial Army Act of 1948 in the Dominion of India as a successor to the Indian Defence Force (1917 – 1920) and Indian Territorial Force (1920 – 1948).
- The TA has participated in all wars since India’s independence, including Sino-Indian War of 1962, Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, and the Kargil War.
- Employment in civilian professions or self-employment is a pre-requisite for joining.
- TA personnel are entitled to all benefits applicable to the Indian Army, except gratuity and pension which are based on number of actual years served.