Har Ghar Tiranga Abhiyan
- ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ is a campaign under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to encourage people to bring the Tiranga home and to hoist it to mark the 75th year of India’s independence.
- Our relationship with the flag has always been more formal and institutional than personal.
- Bringing the flag home collectively as a nation in the 75th year of independence thus becomes symbolic of not only an act of personal connection to the Tiranga but also an embodiment of our commitment to nation-building.
- The idea behind the initiative is to invoke the feeling of patriotism in the hearts of the people and to promote awareness about the Indian National Flag.
Status of Coal Production
- The overall coal production has increased by 11.37% to 60.42 million ton (MT) from 54.25 MT during July, 2022 as compared to July 2021.
- As per the provisional statistics of the Ministry of Coal, during July this year Coal India Ltd (CIL), Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL) and captive mines/others registered a growth of 11.12% and 44.37% by producing 47.33 MT and 9.80 MT coal respectively.
- However, SCCL registered a negative growth of 32.51% during the month.
- Of the top 37 coal mines, production of 24 mines was more than 100 per cent during July this year. Another seven mines’ production stood between 80 and 100 per cent.
India-UK Free Trade Agreement
- Recently, India and the United Kingdom concluded the fifth round of talks for an India-UK Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- Negotiation officials undertook these technical talks in a hybrid fashion – with some of the teams meeting in New Delhi, India, and the majority of officials joining virtually.
- For this round of negotiations, technical experts from both sides came together for detailed draft treaty text discussions in 85 separate sessions covering 15 policy areas.
- Indian and UK officials will continue to work intensively throughout the summer towards our target to conclude the majority of talks on a comprehensive and balanced Free Trade Agreement by the end of October 2022.
For more updates, Click Here