PIB Analysis 22-01-23
Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC) operations & Search and Rescue (SAR)
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) conducted a one-week Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC) operations & Search and Rescue (SAR) course in Mumbai between January 16-21, 2023.
- The course was conducted under the aegis of Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation Programme (ITEC) for officers and sailors of Maritime Security Agencies from six friendly countries – Bangladesh, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Myanmar and Maldives.
- The course is modelled and designed in consonance with the best international practices primarily envisaging the Legal background domain of Maritime Search and Rescue, Planning and Coordination, Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, Lectures on Harmonisation of Aeronautical and Maritime SAR, satellite-aided SAR operations and case studies on maritime SAR incidents amongst others.
Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG)
- G20’s First Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) Meeting to be held from February 09-11, 2023 at Bengaluru.
- Four Meetings of the Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) are scheduled, to be hosted by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).
- The discussions at ECSWG will focus on the agenda ‘Promotion of Blue Economy along with Coastal Sustainability’, ‘Restoration of Degraded Lands and Ecosystems’ and ‘Enhancement of Biodiversity’ and ‘Strengthening of Circular Economy’.
- The G20 delegates are scheduled to visit the Kalkere Arboretum and Bannerghatta Biological Park at Bengaluru.
- At Kalkere, the delegates will have an opportunity to visualize and experience four predominant forest ecosystems of Karnataka state.
- The State Forest Department will also showcase the forest restoration models adopted in these ecosystems and the successful revival of faunal biodiversity in these areas.
- The Bannerghatta Biological Park will showcase the state-of-art butterfly park and animal safaris to the delegates.
- The Karnataka Forest Department will also highlight the flagship ecotourism model, the Jungle Lodges Resort, which is extremely popular for nature lovers, globally.
For more updates, click here