PIB Analysis 24-11-22
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has launched a call for startup applications for registration on the MAARG portal, the National Mentorship Platform by Startup India.
- To further boost the Indian startup ecosystem, currently ranked 3rd largest globally, Startup India is focused on catalysing the startup culture and building a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India.
- In this context, MAARG portal – Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience and Growth, is a one stop platform to facilitate mentorship for startups across diverse sectors, functions, stages, geographies, and backgrounds.
The objectives of the MAARG portal are –
- To provide sector focused guidance, handholding, and support to startups throughout their lifecycle
- To establish a formalized and structured platform that facilitates intelligent matchmaking between the mentors and their respective mentees
- To facilitate efficient and expert mentorship for startups and build an outcome-oriented mechanism that allows timely tracking of the mentor-mentee engagements
The MAARG Portal is being operationalized in three phases,
1.Phase I: Mentor Onboarding
Successfully launched and executed, 400+ expert mentors are onboarded across sectors
2.Phase II: Startup Onboarding
DPIIT is launching the onboarding of startups on the MAARG Portal with effect from 14th November 2022
3.Phase III: MAARG Portal Launch and Mentor Matchmaking
Final launch where the mentors will be matched to the startups DPIIT has initiated onboarding process of startups under Phase II. All interested startups are encouraged to apply at https://maarg.startupindia.gov.in.
- India carried out a successful training launch of an Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile, Agni-3 from APJ Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha on November 23, 2022.
- The successful test was part of routine user training launches carried out under the aegis of the Strategic Forces Command.
- The launch was carried out for a predetermined range and validated all operational parameters of the system.
EXERCISE GARUDA SHAKTI
- As part of military-to-military exchange programs, a contingent of Indian Special Forces troops are currently engaged in a bilateral joint training Exercise GARUDA SHAKTI with Indonesian Special Forces at Sangga Buana Training Area, Karawang, Indonesia.
- Exercise GARUDA SHAKTI is the eighth edition of the series of bilateral exercises under this banner.
- The joint exercise will facilitate both armies to know each other better, and share their wide experiences and combat experience on countering terrorist operations, Regional Security Operations & Peace Keeping Operations in an international environment.
- The joint training would also focus on a high degree of physical fitness, tactical drills, techniques and procedures for which a comprehensive 13-day training programme has been worked out.