PIB Analysis 26-01-23
Veer Gatha 2.0
- Veer Gatha 2.0, the second edition of project Veer Gatha was organised in the backdrop of overwhelming success of Veer Gatha Edition-1 last year.
- Veer Gatha Edition-1 was jointly initiated by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Education as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Veer Gatha project is aimed at infusing values of morality and bravery along with education among students.
- The project is connecting the children across the country with the long-standing heritage of Indian-ness.
Padma Awards 2023
- Padma Awards are the highest civilian Awards of the country and are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
- The Awards are given in various disciplines/ fields of activities, viz.- art, social work, public affairs, science and engineering, trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service, etc.
- ‘Padma Vibhushan’ is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service;
- ‘Padma Bhushan’ for distinguished service of high order and
- ‘Padma Shri’ for distinguished service in any field.
- The awards are announced on the occasion of Republic Day every year.
- They will be conferred by the President of India at ceremonial functions which are held at Rashtrapati Bhawan usually around March/ April every year.
- For the year 2023, the President has approved conferment of 106 Padma Awards including 3 duo cases.
- The list comprises 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 91 Padma Shri Awards.
- 19 of the awardees are women and the list also includes 2 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 7 Posthumous awardees.
For more updates, click here