PIB Analysis 26-01-23
Shri Jagannath Yatra
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train “Shri Jagannath Yatra” was flagged off on 25-01-23 from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station.
- Shri Jagannath Yatra with 528 tourists, will cover some of the very prominent pilgrimage and heritage destinations of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Orissa.
- High quality facilities have been provided for the passengers, including accommodation, food and local transportation.
- The 8 day Bharat Gaurav Tourist train tour has its first stop at Varanasi, the ancient holy city, where tourists will visit Kashi Vishwanath temple & Corridor along with the Ganga ghat.
- After Varanasi, the train will move to Jashidih Railway station in Jharkhand and tourists will proceed to visit Baidyanath dham Jyotirling temple.
- Further train will depart from Jashidih to Puri where stay for two nights has been arranged for them in the hotels.
- While at Puri, tourists will visit Jagannath temple, Golden Puri beach, Sun temple at Konark and temples of Bhubaneshwar.
- After Puri, Gaya will be the last destination where the visit of Vishnupad temple will be covered in the tour.
- Train will return back to Delhi on 1st Feb 2023.
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train launch is in line with the Government of India initiative “Dekho Apna Desh” to promote domestic tourism.
- The six – day mega event “Bharat Parv” event is going to be organized by the Government of India at the Lawns and Gyan Path in front of Red Fort, Delhi from 26th to 31st January, 2023, as part of the Republic Day Celebrations.
- Ministry of Tourism has been designated as the nodal Ministry for the event, the highlights of which will include showcasing of the best Republic Day Parade tableaux at the venue, cultural performances by the Zonal Cultural Centres as well as cultural troupes from States/ UTs, a pan – India Food Court and a pan – India Crafts Bazaar with 65 handicraft stalls.
- The event will be inaugurated on 26th January, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. and will be open to general public from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on 26th January, 2023 and from 12: noon to 10:00 p.m. from 27th onwards to 31st January, 2023. The event is expected to attract a large number of visitors on all days.
- Bharat Parv was previously in held 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 ( and virtual in the year 2021) at the Lawns and Gyan Path in front of Red Fort.
For more updates, click here