• The amount of funds earmarked under PM-DAKSH Yojana during 2020-21 and 2021-22 are Rs.44.79 crores and Rs.79.48 crores respectively.
• PM-DAKSH Portal and PM-DAKSH Mobile App were launched by Ministry on 07.08.2021.
• The URL of PM-DAKSH Portal is “pmdaksh.dosje.gov.in” and Mobile App “PM-DAKSH” is available on Google Play Store.
• The scheme has been made trainee centric providing the facilities for (i) online registration (ii) selection of job roles (iii) selection of training institutes and (iv) place of training to trainees in PM-DAKSH portal.
• PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana is a National Action Plan for skilling of marginalized persons covering SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Sanitation workers including waste pickers.
• PM-DAKSH portal offers on-line registration for free of cost Skill Development Training Programmes.
• The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from the year 2020-21.
• Under this Yojana, eligible target group are being provided skill development training programmes on (i) Up-skilling/Re-skilling (ii) Short Term Training Programme (iii) Long Term Training Programme and (iv) Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
• These training programs are being implemented through Government Training Institutes, Sector Skill Councils constituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and other credible institutions.
• Now, any person can get all the information related to skill development training at one place by visiting the ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal.
• Also, with just one click, one can get information about skill development trainings happening near him/her and he/she can easily register himself/herself for skill training.
Source: THE HINDU