‘75 Vande Bharat Express trains to be rolled out of ICF’
About Vande Bharat Trains:
- The Vande Bharat which was called Train 18 during the development phase, is manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, as part of the ‘Make in India’ programme.
- It is an indigenously designed and manufactured semi high speed, self-propelled train that is based on a propulsion system called distributed traction power technology.
The significance of Vande Bharat Express:
- It incorporates passenger amenities including on-board WiFi entertainment, GPS-based passenger information system, CCTVs, automatic doors in all coaches, rotating chairs and bio-vacuum type toilets like in aircraft.
- The Vande Bharat was India’s first attempt at adaptation of the train set technology compared with conventional systems of passenger coaches hauled by separate locomotives.
- It can achieve a maximum speed of 160 kmph due to faster acceleration and deceleration, reducing journey time by 25% to 45%. It also has an intelligent braking system with power regeneration for better energy efficiency thereby making it cost, energy and environment efficient.
- 75 Vande Bharat Express trains would be rolled out of the factory, and they would link all parts of the country after undergoing tests for 15,000 km for various technical and operative functionalities.
Source The Hindu
For more updates, Click Here