A 100-bed Yoga & Naturopathy Hospital to be Established in Dibrugarh
The Union Minister of Ayush, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, along with Assam’s Chief Minister, Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, recently inaugurated the foundation stone laying ceremony for the Central Research Institute of Yoga & Naturopathy (CRIYN) and a 100-bed Yoga & Naturopathy hospital in Dibrugarh.
Spanning across 15 acres with an investment of ₹100 crores, this project aims to integrate traditional wisdom of Yoga and Naturopathy with modern advancements, thereby setting new standards in education, preventive healthcare, and research.
Objectives and Scope of CRIYN:
- The institute’s primary objective is to scientifically validate traditional medicine systems through evidence-based research.
- It will function as an international hub for collaborative research and global promotion of Yoga and Naturopathy, fostering innovation and supporting startups in the wellness industry.
Focus on Education, Research, and Patient Care:
- CRIYN will provide clinical training facilities for experts in Yoga and Naturopathy, focusing particularly on areas such as cardiac and diabetes rehabilitation, autoimmune diseases, and non-communicable disease (NCD) prevention.
- The hospital will offer inpatient services with specialized Yoga and Naturopathy protocols aimed at enhancing patients’ quality of life, promoting an integrated approach to healthcare.
Dignitaries’ Statements and Regional Impact:
- Shri Sarbananda Sonowal highlighted the initiative’s significance in promoting the Ayush movement and fostering growth in the Northeast region, particularly in the hospitality and medical tourism sectors.
- Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma emphasized the support from the central government in bolstering medical infrastructure in Assam, with a special focus on naturopathy and yoga for holistic health benefits.
- The event was attended by various dignitaries, including Union Minister Rameswar Teli and Health Minister Keshab Mahanta, underscoring the facility’s importance in providing comprehensive healthcare services to the region.