An Overlook on AI Chips
- The AI chips is being integrated with various other applications such as storage and interconnect technologies, packaging, memory has given rise to new technologies.
What are AI Chips?
- AI chips are those which support deep learning based applications, deep learning which is referred to as active neural network or deep neural network (DNN) is a branch of machine learning.
- Deep neural network tends to analyze the data and learns new capabilities from the existing data, after this the DNNs can make predictions from the learnt capabilities.
- This is supplemented by deep learning which makes the complete process faster by collecting and analyzing the data in a quicker manner.
- So, totally AI chips are those chips which are equipped with deep learning based applications.
- Semiconductor companies have created a variety of specialised AI chips for a variety of smart machines and gadgets, including ones that claim to bring data center-class performance to edge devices.
- Some of these chips enable in-vehicle computers to execute cutting-edge AI applications faster.
Wearable gadgets, drones, and robots all use AI chips to enable computational imaging applications.
- Additionally, the demand for chatbots and online channels such as Messenger, Slack, and others has expanded the use of AI chips for NLP applications.
They analyse user messages and conversational reasoning with NLP.
- According to ResearchAndMarkets, the utilisation of neuromorphic chips in the automobile industry is predicted to expand in the next years.
- According to Allied Market Research, the rise in demand for smart homes and cities, as well as a surge in investments in AI start-ups, is likely to propel the worldwide AI chip market forward.
From 2021 through 2030, the global AI chip market is predicted to develop at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 37.4 percent, from $8.02 billion in 2020 to $194.9 billion in 2030.
Source: THE HINDU.
For more update, click here to join our telegram channel