Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) 2.0
#GS 03 Infrastructure
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) acts as the nodal ministry for AMRUT 2.0.
- AMRUT mission was launched in June 2015 in order to ensure that every household has access to a tap with the assured supply of water and a sewerage connection.
- To ensure a proper supply of water and a sewage connection in every household.
- To develop green and well-maintained open spaces and parks to increase the amenity value of the cities.
- To reduce pollution by switching to public transport or through the construction of non-motorized transport facilities such as walking and cycling.
- AMRUT aims in covering around 500 cities that are having a population of over one lakh with notified municipalities.
- It aims to provide 100% coverage of sewerage and septage in 500 AMRUT cities.
- Pey Jal Survekshan will be conducted in cities to ensure equitable distribution of water, reuse of wastewater and mapping of water bodies.
- Capacity building
- Reform implementation
- Water supply and management of sewerage and septage
- Drainage of stormwater
- Improvement in urban transport facilities
- Development of green spaces and parks.
For more updates Click Here