Centre’s DIKSHA e-education platform to offer AI help
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology’s National e-Governance Division (NeGD) plans to include Personalised Adaptive Learning (PAL) into its current Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing (DIKSHA) platform. Each student should be able to have an individualized learning experience throughout the curriculum based on their particular needs and talents thanks to the PAL’s software-based approach.
What is Personalised Adaptive Learning (PAL)?
- An educational strategy called personalized adaptive learning (PAL) uses technology, notably artificial intelligence (AI), to customize learning opportunities for specific pupils.
- It evaluates students’ strengths and weaknesses, personalizes their curriculum, offers adaptive content and real-time feedback, monitors student progress, supports differentiated learning, caters to a range of needs, allows for flexibility in learning times and locations, and continuously improves the learning experience.
- All of these features work together to optimize education by meeting the unique needs and abilities of each student while boosting motivation and engagement.
What is the Disksha Platform and what are the features of the platform?
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (formerly known as the Ministry of Education) and other related government bodies in India launched the DIKSHA (Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing) platform. It functions as a digital platform created to give instructors and students in India access to educational resources and support. The DIKSHA platform’s salient attributes include:
- Content Repository: Digital textbooks, lesson plans, worksheets, instructional videos, and interactive multimedia resources are all available through the DIKSHA content repository.
- Curriculum Alignment: The platform ensures that the instructional materials are pertinent to the Indian educational system by aligning their content with the national and state-level curriculum.
- Teacher Training: DIKSHA provides teacher training modules that are intended to improve educators’ pedagogical skills and keep them current with the most effective teaching strategies.
- Interactive learning: It offers multimedia and interactive materials, such as quizzes, simulations, and interactive courses, to make learning more enjoyable and efficient.
- Accessibility: DIKSHA is created with all students and educators in mind, even those in the most remote regions of the nation. It can be accessible using web browsers and mobile software.
- Assistive Technology: The platform incorporates assistive technology, such as features for visually or audibly impaired students, to accommodate students with disabilities.
- Government projects: To encourage digital learning and raise the standard of education in India generally, DIKSHA is frequently utilized in conjunction with several government projects in the field of education.
What are the challenges faced by the Diksha Platform?
- Digital Divide: The digital divide in India is one of the biggest problems. Not all students or teachers have access to computers, tablets, or cellphones, let alone a dependable internet connection. The platform’s influence and reach may be constrained by this lack of accessibility, especially in rural and underprivileged areas.
- Content Quality: The instructional information on the site can range in terms of relevancy and quality. A continuing difficulty is making sure that all of the content is correct, current, and in line with the curriculum.
- Content localization: India has a wide variety of regional languages and a large multilingual population. It might be difficult to adapt information to suit various linguistic and cultural situations.
- Internet accessibility: Internet accessibility is still patchy or nonexistent in many areas of India. This makes it more difficult for both teachers and students to use the online materials available through DIKSHA.
- Device Accessibility: Both pupils and teachers’ access to digital gadgets is a major challenge. Offering accessible and affordable gadgets may act as a deterrent to online learning.
- Privacy and Security: Given the sensitive nature of educational information, ensuring the privacy and security of user data on the platform is of utmost importance.
How will it impact the educational sector by integrating the PAL with the Diksha Platform?
- Personalized Learning: Learning that is tailored to the specific requirements and skills of each learner is known as personalized learning (PAL). This personalisation can encourage a deeper grasp of subjects by allowing students to learn at their own pace and according to their particular learning preferences.
- Improved Learning Outcomes: PAL has the potential to result in enhanced learning outcomes by tailoring content based on individual development and tackling particular areas where students may struggle. Students are more likely to understand complex ideas and produce superior work.
- Engagement and Motivation: PAL frequently includes gamification components and interactive features to increase student engagement and enjoyment of their education. Better information retention and long-lasting enthusiasm for learning can result from increased involvement.
- Making Decisions Based on Data: PAL collects data on student performance and learning habits. Making data-driven decisions about the creation of curricula, the distribution of resources, and educational policy can be done using this data at both the individual and aggregate levels.
- Scalability: Once integrated into DIKSHA, PAL has the potential to aid a significant number of students nationwide, assisting in addressing the scalability issues in India’s educational system.
- Efficiency: PAL can automate some processes related to assessment and the distribution of information, which lessens the stress on teachers and frees them up to concentrate on providing individualized assistance and support.
In conclusion, the addition of PAL to the DIKSHA platform is a big step toward improving digital education in India by offering individualized learning opportunities. To guarantee its effectiveness in enhancing learning outcomes and student retention, cost and implementation issues must be carefully addressed.