Chhattisgarh Introduces Mahtari Vandana Yojana 2024 to Empower Women
In a strategic move inspired by Madhya Pradesh’s successful ‘Aarthik Sarkari Ladli Bahna Yojana,’ the state of Chhattisgarh has recently unveiled the Mahtari Vandana Yojana 2024.
- This initiative, by the Government of Chhattisgarh, aims to provide crucial economic assistance to women across the state, marking a significant step towards empowering them.
GS-02 (Gender, Women empowerment, Government policies and interventions)
Key Features of Mahtari Vandana Yojana:
- Financial Aid for Married Women: Under the Mahtari Vandana Yojana, Chhattisgarh envisions extending economic support to married women, recognizing their important role in households and communities. The scheme promises a monthly financial assistance of Rs 1000, translating to an annual aid of 12,000 rupees per beneficiary.
- Empowering Through Self-Reliance: Beyond the immediate financial relief, the scheme places a strong emphasis on fostering self-reliance among women. The funds provided under Mahtari Vandana Yojana are intended not just to meet daily expenses but also to encourage skill development and entrepreneurial initiatives. This approach aligns with the broader goal of creating a more economically empowered female population in the state.
- Application Process: The application process for Mahtari Vandana Yojana is facilitated online, ensuring accessibility and convenience for potential beneficiaries.
- Eligibility Criteria: The scheme is designed to benefit all married women in Chhattisgarh within the age bracket of 23 to 60 years.
- Required Documents: To apply for the scheme, interested individuals need to provide essential documents such as Aadhar card, domicile certificate, income certificate, and bank passbook.
The introduction of Mahtari Vandana Yojana 2024 reflects the state government’s commitment to gender empowerment and socio-economic development. This initiative not only addresses immediate financial needs but also strives to create a conducive environment for women to thrive through skill enhancement and entrepreneurial endeavors. As Chhattisgarh takes a progressive step in uplifting its female population, Mahtari Vandana Yojana stands as a beacon of inclusive and impactful governance.