Exercise VAJRA PRAHAR 2022
India – USA Joint Special Forces Exercise.
- The 21-day joint training provided an opportunity for the Special Forces from both nations to train in Air Borne Operations, Special Operations and Counter Terrorism operations in a joint environment under United Nations Charter.
- The exercise was conducted in two phases; the first phase involved combat conditioning and tactical level special missions training exercises and the second phase included 48 hours of validation of training received by both contingents in the first phase.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) – National Mission for Financial Inclusion
- PMJDY was launched on 8th August 2014.
The success of the PMJDY:
- Opened over 46 crore bank accounts with deposit balance of Rs 1.74 lakh crore.
- Expanded coverage to 67% rural or semi-urban areas.
- 56% of women are Jan Dhan account holders.
Basic tenets of the scheme
- Banking the unbanked – Opening of basic savings bank deposit (BSBD) account with minimal paperwork, relaxed KYC, e-KYC, account opening in camp mode, zero balance & zero charges
- Securing the unsecured – Issuance of Indigenous Debit cards for cash withdrawals & payments at merchant locations, with free accident insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakh
- Funding the unfunded – Other financial products like micro-insurance, overdraft for consumption, micro-pension & micro-credit
The scheme was launched based upon the following 6 pillars:
- a)Universal access to banking services – Branch and BC
- b)Basic savings bank accounts with overdraft facility of Rs. 10,000/- to every eligible adult
- c)Financial Literacy Programme– Promoting savings, use of ATMs, getting ready for credit, availing insurance and pensions, using basic mobile phones for banking
- d)Creation of Credit Guarantee Fund – To provide banks some guarantee against defaults
- e)Insurance – Accident covers up to Rs. 1,00,000 and life cover of Rs. 30,000 on account opened between 15 Aug 2014 to 31 January 2015
- f)Pension scheme for Unorganized sector
‘Meet the Champion’ Initiative
- ‘Meet the Champions’ is a unique school visit campaign that was kicked off by Olympic Gold medallist Neeraj Chopra in December.
- During the school visit, the champion athlete shares their experiences, life lessons, and tips on how to eat right and also give an overall inspirational boost to school children.
For more updates Click here