Global Conference on Cooperation in Enforcement Matters (GCCEM)
The first Global Conference on Cooperation in Enforcement Matters (GCCEM) took place in New Delhi.
GS-2 (Government policies and interventions)
- Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman was the Chief Guest and inaugurated this three-day conference.
- The aim of the conference is to enhance collaboration and coordination among international enforcement agencies for prompt sharing of intelligence.
- This conference is organized by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) under the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), in consultation with the World Customs Organisation (WCO) in Brussels.
- The event is centered around the theme “It takes a Network to fight a Network”.
- The main objectives of the conference are to facilitate the exchange of insights and best practices and to foster greater collaboration with Indian Customs’ partner administrations while establishing new partnerships.
- It’s important to note that over 75 delegates from 40 customs administrations/organizations are participating in this collaborative forum.