Govt. app to capture data on groundwater levels
About Jaldoot App:
- The app has been jointly developed by Ministry of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj to capture the water level of selected wells in a village.
- This is a Mobile application which will work in both online and offline mode. So, water level can be captured even without internet connectivity.
- The captured date will be stored in mobile and when mobile comes in the connectivity area, data will synchronize with the central server.
- This will allow the app to collect data in remote parts of the country where mobile connectivity is not yet available or is not stable.
- The data collected by the Jaldoot app would be integrated with the database of National Water Informatics Centre (NWIC).
- It will enable Gram Rojgar Sahayak (GRS) to measure the water level of selected wells in pre-monsoon and post-monsoon period i.e., twice a year.
- 2 to 3 measurement locations will be selected in every village the average of which will be representative of the ground water level in that village.
- The app will provide panchayats with robust data, which will be further used for better planning of works.
- The ground water data could be utilised as part of the Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) and Mahatma Gandhi NREGA planning exercises.
- Water level report, Monsoon Report and Registered user report are available at JALDOOT web portal.
- To ensure transparency, the officers assigned for the task have been told to upload the geotagged photographs through the app each time the measurement is done.
To know more click here