Himachal Considering Legalizing The Cultivation Of Cannabis says CM
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu on Friday said the State government was considering legalizing the cultivation of cannabis.
Points to ponder:
- Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu, the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, is considering legalizing cannabis farming in the state.
- The Chief Minister feels that legalizing cannabis growing would create cash for the state while also benefiting patients due to the medicinal benefits of the plant.
- A five-member MLA committee has been constituted to conduct a thorough investigation into all areas of cannabis growing in the state.
- The group will visit regions where illegal cannabis cultivation occurs and present a report within a month. The state government will next make a decision based on the results of the report.
- The Chief Minister cites neighboring states like Uttarakhand, which has previously legalized cannabis growing, as well as other countries that have allowed restricted cannabis cultivation.
- Before reaching a final decision, the government will consider all elements, including regulatory measures, and will research the models used by other states that have legalized cannabis growing.
- Legalizing cannabis cultivation may have major economic benefits, but it must also take into account the hazards and obstacles involved with the drug’s usage and production.
- The choice of the state government should be well-informed, taking into account the potential benefits and hazards of legalizing cannabis growing.