India Skills 2023-24
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched IndiaSkills 2023-24 and has commended the World Skills Competition (WSC) winners.
GS-02 (Government policies and Interventions)
- IndiaSkills 2023-24 is a skill development platform designed to enhance skill sets of individuals that provides an opportunity for participants to further refine their abilities.
- It acts as a stepping stone for talented participants to progress to the WorldSkills Competition. The winner at the national level will compete in the global event worldskills.
- To align the skills of participants with industry demands.
- It highlights the importance of cultivating employable skills in line with the requirements of various sectors.
- It acts as a bridge in reducing the discord between theoretical qualifications and practical proficiencies.
- It indirectly ensures the synergy of Competencies and Knowledge for an overall hands-on experience to excel in the present times.
It is a biennial event organized by WorldSkills International and features participation from 86 countries.
- In the WorldSkills Competition 2022, India’s participation in 50 skills categories resulted in the nation securing its highest-ever ranking, positioning itself at the 11th place.
- India bagged 2 Silver Medals, 3 Bronze Medals, and 13 Medallions for Excellence.
- These accolades were earned across a diverse range of skills, including hotel receptionist, mechatronics, mobile robotics, water technology, bakery, and web technologies.