A group consisting of 120 personnel from the Indian Army and Indian Air Force has departed for Kazakhstan to participate in the 7th edition of the Joint Military Exercise, ‘KAZIND-2023’.
- Scheduled to occur from October 30 to November 11, 2023, the exercise will be held in Otar, Kazakhstan.
- Initially named ‘Exercise PRABAL DOSTYK’ in 2016, the joint exercise between India and Kazakhstan was later upgraded to a company-level exercise and renamed ‘Exercise KAZIND’ after the second edition.
- This year’s edition has been further advanced into a bi-service exercise, now encompassing an air force component.
- During this exercise, both sides will engage in counter-terrorism operations in a sub-conventional setting under a UN mandate.
- The contingents will collaborate on various tactical drills such as raid, search and destroy operations, small team insertion and extraction operations, and counter unmanned aerial system operations.
- The exercise aims to strengthen the camaraderie between the Indian and Kazakhstani armies.