National Geoscience Data Repository Portal
The National Geoscience Data Repository Portal has been launched.
GS-03 (Science and technology)
National Geoscience Data Repository Portal:
- As part of the National Mineral Exploration Policy, 2016, the National Geoscience Data Repository (NGDR) has been established.
- It consolidates all baseline and exploration-related geoscientific data into a single GIS platform to expedite, enhance, and facilitate nationwide exploration coverage.
- It is led by the Geological Survey of India (GSI) and the Bhaskarachaya Institute of Space Applications and Geoinformatics (BISAG-N).
- The NGDR Portal aims to provide geological, geochemical, geophysical, and mineral exploration data to the public in the digital geospatial domain.
Key Features of the National Geoscience Data Repository Portal (NGDR):
- Centralized Access: The portal serves as a centralized repository for diverse geoscience datasets, encompassing geological maps, mineral resources, seismic data, and environmental information.
- User-Friendly Interface: Designed with an intuitive interface to cater to a wide user base, allowing seamless navigation and exploration of data.
- MERT Template: The Mineral Exploration Reporting Template facilitates geoscientific stakeholders in submitting their data to the NGDR portal using a standardized reporting template.
- Analytical Tools: Equipped with state-of-the-art analytical tools to interpret and derive valuable insights from intricate geospatial data.
- Open Access: Promotes transparency and knowledge sharing by providing open access to a wealth of geoscience information.