PIB Analysis 01-10-22
- A new feature called the Bharatskills Forum has been added to the Bharatskills learning platform developed by Directorate General of Training (DGT) that allows sharing of books, notes, videos, question bank, etc., and other relevant skill-related content for learners.
- This facility shall act as a digital warehouse for the skilling community by allowing sharing of contents in various forms like handwritten trainers’ or trainees’ notes, PDFs, scanned copies, or recorded videos in any language.
- The Directorate General of Training (DGT) in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is the apex organisation for development and coordination at national level for the programmes relating to vocational training.
- DGT in Oct 2019 had launched an online learning platform called the Bharatskills, a Central Digital Repository for the trainees and trainers of the ITI ecosystem, providing easy access to updated curriculum, e-books, Question Banks, mock/practice papers, learning videos, etc., for courses under the Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS), Craft Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) and the Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS), thus enabling anytime, anywhere learning outside the classrooms.
- This platform presents unique access to a centralized, scalable, and thriving support ecosystem through its industrial partners for the students and teachers who can now learn the new age (Industrial Revolution 4.0) skills to meet the demands of the industry.