PIB Analysis 03-02-23
CPGRAMS and AirSewa Portal
- The aggrieved air passengers can lodge their grievances through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS), an online portal administered by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) and AirSewa Portal managed by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- These grievances are taken up with the concerned airlines for redressal.
- If the petitioner is not satisfied with the resolution of grievance by airline, he/ she has option to file an appeal.
- Disposal of the grievances is monitored at various levels.
- Every airline appoints a nodal officer and an appellate authority and displays their contact details on their respective websites.
- Digi Yatra policy is an initiative launched by Ministry of Civil Aviation for biometric boarding system using Facial Recognition Technology.
- It aims at providing seamless and hassle-free experience for passengers at airports.
- Its main objective is to enhance passenger experience by eliminating the need for verification of ticket and ID at multiple touch points and to achieve better throughput through existing infrastructure using a Digital Framework.
- The project is under implementation stage.
- The expenditure on implementation of Digi Yatra is done by Airport Operators.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation does not provide any budgetary support for its implementation.
- Digi Yatra is to be implemented across airports in a phased manner.
- In first phase, Digi Yatra has been launched on 01.12.2022 at Delhi, Bangalore and Varanasi Airports.
- The implementation of Digi Yatra under phase I is also planned at Kolkata, Pune, Vijayawada and Hyderabad Airports by March 2023.
For more updates Click Here