List of Outcomes: Official visit of President of Maldives to India
A. Ground-breaking/Review of Projects
- Pouring of first concrete of the Greater Male Connectivity Project- an USD 500 Mn India funded project- marking the commencement of permanent works
- Review of the progress on the construction of 4,000 social housing units in Hulhumale being funded under Exim Bank of India Buyer’s credit finance of USD 227 Mn
- Overview of India Maldives development cooperation including Addu roads and reclamation, water and sanitation in 34 islands and Friday Mosque restoration projects
B. Agreements/MoUs Exchanged
- MoU on Capacity Building & Training of Members of Local Councils & Women Development Committee of Maldives between NIRDPR, India and Local Government Authority, Maldives
- MoU on Collaboration in potential fishing zone forecast capacity building and data sharing and marine scientific research between INCOIS, India and Ministry of Fisheries, Maldives
- MoU for Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security between CERT-India and NCIT, Maldives
- MoU for cooperation in the field of disaster management between NDMA, India and NDMA, Maldives
- Agreement between EXIM Bank, India and Ministry of Finance, Maldives for USD 41 Mn Buyer’s Credit Financing of Police Infrastructure in Maldives
- Letter of Intent between Exim Bank of India and Ministry of Finance, Maldives on Buyer’s Credit funding approval of USD 119 Mn for additional 2,000 social housing units to be constructed in Hulhumale
- Extension of USD 100 Mn new Line of Credit to finance infrastructure projects in Maldives
- Approval for award of EPC contract for the USD 128 Mn Hanimadhoo Airport Development project under Line of Credit
- Approval of DPR and commencement of tendering process of the USD 324 Mn Gulhifahlu Port development project under Line of Credit
- Approval of Feasibility Report and financial closure for the USD 30 Mn Cancer Hospital project under Line of Credit
- USD 119 Mn Buyer’s Credit financing by Exim Bank of India for additional 2,000 social housing units in Hulhumale
- Facilitation of duty-free tuna exports to India from Maldives
- Supply of a replacement ship for the earlier provided ship-CGS Huravee -to Maldives National Defence Force
- Supply of the second Landing Craft Assault (LCA) to Maldives National Defence Force
- Gifting of 24 utility vehicles to Maldives National Defence Force
Development of Ayush Entrepreneurship
Schemes to develop Ayush Entrepreneurship
- Ministry of Ayush had developed a Central Sector Scheme called Champion Services Sector Scheme for Medical Value Travel for implementation on Pan India basis.
- Under this scheme, financial assistance in the form of Interest Subsidy is provided to private investors for the establishment of Super Specialty Hospitals/ Day Care Centres of the systems recognized under The National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) Act, 2020 or The National Commission for Homeopathy (NCH) Act, 2020.
- 10 Awareness programmes on Digital Advertisement, E-Marketing, GST&GeM were organized and 07 National Seminar / Workshop on Packaging, Marketing and Export Promotion of Ayush Products were organized by the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) an autonomous body under Ministry of Ayush has set up an incubation centre i.e. AIIA-ICAINE (Incubation Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship) to support new start-ups in the Ayush sector.
- Academia-industry Research Incubation for Value-chain Up-gradation (ARIVU) has been setup by Central Council of Research in Siddha (CCRS) to promote innovation and entrepreneurship by translating novel ideas and innovation in various disciplines of Siddha Research, into products, processes and services for commercial exploitation and the benefit of society.
Steps taken under Anaemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) strategy
What has been done?
- · Prophylactic Iron and Folic Acid Supplementation.
- · Intensified year-round Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) Campaign and delayed cord clamping.
- · Testing of anaemia using digital methods and point of care treatment.
- · Addressing non-nutritional causes of anaemia in endemic pockets with special focus on malaria, hemoglobinopathies and fluorosis.
- · Convergence and coordination with line department and other ministries.
- · Engaging National Centre of Excellence and Advanced research on Anaemia Control for capacity building of health care providers.
- · Monitoring progress in States/UTs using Anaemia Mukt Bharat Dashboard.
For more updates, Click Here