PIB Analysis 06-11-22
Ganga Utsav – The River Festival:
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) organized Ganga Utsav – The River Festival 2022 on 4th November at New Delhi in two sessions.
- The central aim of the Ganga Utsav- The River Festival 2022 is to celebrate all the rivers of India (Nadi Utsav).
- NMCG has been celebrating Ganga Utsav since 2017 every year on 4th November, the day on which river Ganga was declared the National River of India in the year 2008.
- Ganga Utsav 2022 is dedicated to the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
- 75 events will be organised as part of the Utsav over a period of AKAM in Ganga Basin states promoting local culture
- Activities under Arth Ganga such as Ghat Mein Haat, Ghat Par Yoga, Ganga Artis etc. will be organised.
World Travel Market (WTM) 2022:
- World Travel Market (WTM) 2022 is one of the largest international travel exhibitions.
- The theme of this year`s exhibition is ‘The Future of Travel Starts Now’.
- India is participating in WTM 2022 to showcase itself as a preferred destination for tourism.
- During 2019, the contribution of travel & tourism to India`s GDP was 5.19% of the total economy.
- In 2019, the Indian tourism sector accounted for 79.86 million jobs (direct and indirect employment).
- The consistent efforts of the Central and the State Governments has helped the tourism industry to gradually recover from the Covid-19 pandemic shock to the pre pandemic levels.