PIB Analysis 06-12-22
National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC)
- National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) meets to review preparedness for possible cyclonic storm over Bay of Bengal.
- India Meteorological Department (IMD), briefed the Committee about the current status of the weather system in the Bay of Bengal, which is likely to move West-Northwestwards and concentrate into a Depression over South East Bay of Bengal by today evening.
- Thereafter, it is likely to continue to move West-Northwestwards, intensify further into a cyclonic storm around December 07 evening and reach South West Bay of Bengal off North Tamil Nadu-Puducherry and adjoining South Andhra Pradesh coasts by 08 December morning.
- It will continue to move West-Northwestwards towards North Tamil Nadu-Puducherry and adjoining South Andhra Pradesh coasts during subsequent 48 hours.
- NDRF has made 5 teams available to Tamil Nadu and 3 teams for Puducherry as asked for by them and teams are also being kept on standby for Andhra Pradesh to be activated as and when the State Government desires.
- Rescue and relief teams of the Army and Navy along with ships and aircraft have been kept ready on standby.
- The Coast Guard is also ready with its ships.
- eSanjeevani is the Government of India’s free telemedicine service.
- In less than 3 years, this initiative has garnered the distinction of being the world’s largest government owned telemedicine platform.
- It consists of two verticals that cater to patients across all states and UTs successfully making its presence felt in the innermost regions of the nation.
- The first vertical eSanjeevaniAB-HWC endeavors to bridge rural-urban digital health divide by providing assisted teleconsultations, and ensuring that e beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat Scheme are able to avail of the benefits they are entitled to.
- This vertical operates on a Hub-and-Spoke model wherein the ‘Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centers’ (HWCs) are set up at state level, act as spokes, which are mapped with the hub (comprising MBBS/ Specialty/Super-Specialty doctors) at zonal level.
- eSanjeevaniOPD is the latter vertical which caters to citizens in both rural and urban alike. It leverages technology via smartphones, tablets, laptops enabling doctor consultations to be accessible from the patient’s residence regardless of location.