PIB Analysis 07-01-23
Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention is the flagship event of the Government of India.
- It provides an important platform to engage and connect with the overseas Indians and to enable the diaspora to interact with each other.
- The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention is being organized in partnership with the Madhya Pradesh Government from 08-10 January 2023 in Indore.
- The theme of this PBD Convention is “Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal”.
- Over 3,500 diaspora members from nearly 70 different countries have registered for the PBD Convention.
- PBD Convention will have three segments.
- On 08 January 2023, the inauguration of the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in partnership with Ministry of Youth affairs and Sports.
- A Commemorative Postal Stamp ‘Surakshit Jaayen, Prashikshit Jaayen’ will be released to underline the importance of safe, legal, orderly and skilled migration.
- The first-ever digital PBD Exhibition on theme “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav – Contribution of Diaspora in Indian Freedom Struggle” will be unveiled to highlight the contribution of our diaspora freedom fighters in India’s Independence.
- In view of India’s ongoing Presidency of the G20, a special Town Hall will also be organized on January 09.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards will be conferred to select Indian diaspora members to recognize their achievements and honour their contributions to various fields, both in India and abroad.
- Indira Point is along the Great Channel, popularly referred to as the ‘Six Degree Channel’, which is a major shipping lane for international traffic.
- It is also the southernmost tip of the country.