PIB Analysis 09-01-23
‘Regional Conference on Sustainable Development of MSMEs in the North East Region (NER)’
- The ‘Regional Conference on Sustainable Development of MSMEs in the North East Region (NER)’ will be held at Agartala, Tripura on 9th January 2023.
- The conference is being organized by the Ministry of MSME to spread awareness of various Schemes by the Ministry.
- The conference will provide a platform for aspiring/existing entrepreneurs to interact with Government departments from Central and State governments, CPSEs and Industry Associations, working continuously towards the development of MSMEs in India.
- The Conference will showcase launch of various initiatives of the Ministry of MSME, Government of India (GoI), and the State Government of Tripura.
Some of those include:
- Launch of RAMP (Raising and Accelerating MSME Performance).
- Linking of NER Portal under Udyam Shakti.
- Inauguration of the Gomati City Gas Project.
- Inauguration of West Tripura Bamboo Mat Cluster under SFURTI scheme.
- Inauguration of new building of KVIC (Khadi & Village Industries Commission) & TKVIB (Tripura Khadi & Village Industries Board).
- Ganga Vilas is touted as the world’s longest river cruise and will be launched on 13 January, 2023 in Varanasi.
- The luxury cruise will cover a distance of more than 3,200 kms across 27 river systems in 5 states in India and Bangladesh.
- The 51 days cruise will visit to 50 tourist spots including World Heritage Sights, National Parks, river Ghats, and major cities like Patna in Bihar, Sahibganj in Jharkhand, Kolkata in West Bengal, Dhaka in Bangladesh and Guwahati in Assam.
- The ship will have three decks, and 18 suites on board with a capacity of 36 tourists.
- The ship is built based on sustainable principles at its core and is equipped with pollution-free mechanisms and noise control technologies.
- The global River cruise market has grown at ~5% over the last few years and is expected to constitute ~37% of cruise market by 2027.
- Europe has been driving growth with approx. 60% share of river cruise vessels in the world.
- In India, 8 river cruise vessels are operational between Kolkata and Varanasi while cruise movement is also operation on National Waterways 2 (Brahmaputra).