Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile system
- The Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system has been tested at Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur off the Odisha coast. QRSAM has been developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- The flight-tests were carried out against high-speed aerial targets mimicking various types of threats to evaluate the capability of the weapon systems under different scenarios, including long range medium altitude, short range, high altitude manoeuvring target, low radar signature with receding & crossing target and salvo launch with two missiles fired in quick succession.
- The system performance was also evaluated under day and night operation scenarios.
India Japan bilateral ties
- Bilateral and Multilateral Exercises of both India and Japan
- Dharma Guardian: Bilateral Exercise between the Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces.
- JIMEX: India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise, JIMEX, between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF).
- Malabar Exercise: Malabar is a multilateral war-gaming naval exercise between the Navies of India, the United States, Japan, and Australia.
- Exercise MILAN: MILAN is a biennial multilateral naval exercise incepted by Indian Navy in 1995 at Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- Rajpath renamed to Kartavya Path which symbolises a shift from erstwhile Rajpath being an icon of power, to Kartavya Path being an example of public ownership and empowerment.
- A jet-black granite statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, measuring a total of 28 ft. has been placed under the Canopy near India Gate.