PIB Analysis 11-01-23
Nari Samagam & Spardha
DoPT is organizing “Nari Samagam & Spardha” – Women Sports Meet on 11th January 2023 at Vinay Marg Sports Complex, New Delhi.
Objective of the meet:
- To increase awareness and to enhance women participation in sports and cultural activities.
- To adopt healthier lifestyle and increase their self-esteem, team work and confidence.
- To improve social skills and positive mental health.
Startup India Innovation Week
- A 7-day long Startup-India Innovation Week to celebrate the National Startup Day started on 10th January 2023 across the nation with several events to reach ecosystem stakeholders and enablers.
Workshop on Alternative Investment Funds
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) organized a workshop on Alternative Investment and their Central role.
- DPIIT has worked closely with the Ministry of Finance (MoF), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), and Ministry of Labour and Employment (M/o-L&E) to allow Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) to invest in startups.
- The workshop focused on sensitizing representatives from Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), SIDBI to mobilize domestic capital into the startup ecosystem through AIFs.
- DPIIT organized the ASCEND (Accelerating Startup Calibre & Entrepreneurial Drive) SAMAGAM as part of the Startup India Innovation Week 2023.
- The objective of the workshop is to capacitate and augment knowledge on key aspects of entrepreneurship and continue efforts towards creating a robust startup ecosystem in Northeast.
- ASCEND Samagam is being conducted as a follow up to ASCEND Workshops organized by DPIIT for the entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, students, and ecosystem enablers in all eight States of Northeast India during the months of November and December 2022.
Short-Range Ballistic Missile Prithvi-II
- A successful training launch of a Short-Range Ballistic Missile, Prithvi-II was carried out on January 10, 2023 from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Prithvi-II missile, has been an integral part of India’s nuclear deterrence.