Improving farmers’ income
- Technological interventions for processing, product development, sustainability, and export orientation could improve farmers’ income.
- India has been recognised in the global arena for its strength in agriculture, and to maintain this position, we need to focus on S&T interventions in food and water.
- The productivity of crops could be increased by using new techniques like genome editing.
- Sustainable agriculture technologies are being used to improve farmers’ economic conditions. Some of which are nano-fertilizers to increase soil fertility and Internet of Things -based technologies to minimize the labour shortages
Acharya Vinoba Bhave
- Acharya Vinoba Bhave was an Indian advocate of nonviolence and human rights.
- He is best known for the Bhoodan Movement which was a voluntary land reform movement in India.
- The Bhoodan movement attempted to persuade wealthy landowners to voluntarily give a percentage of their land to landless people.
- He was given Bharat Ratna posthumously in the year 1983 for his contributions to the development of the country.