Election Commission declares 253 RUPPs as inactive
Registered Unrecognized Political Parties (RUPPs)
- Under section 29A of the RP Act, every political party has to communicate any change in its name, head office, office bearers, address, PAN to the Commission without delay.
- The election Commission deactivates these parties since there exists a possibility of such parties occupying the available pre-election political space by taking benefits of admissible entitlements without contesting elections.
- This also tends to crowd out the political parties actually contesting elections and creates a confusing situation for the voters.
- 13 (ii) (e) of Guidelines for Registration of Political Parties issued by the Election Commission “Declares that party must contest an election conducted by the Election Commission within five years of its registration and thereafter should continue to contest. (If the Party does not contest elections continuously for six years, the Party shall be taken off the list of registered parties).”
DIPA Annual Flagship Event 2022
- Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) is an apex industry body of digital infrastructure providers conducts its Annual Flagship Event 2022.
- The theme of the event is “Gati Shakti vision for 5G & Beyond” which is fully in line with PM Modi’s Gati Shakti National Master Plan.
Exercise Pitch Black 2022
- Exercise Pitch Black 22 is a biennial warfare exercise hosted by the Royal Australian Air Force at its Darwin Air Base.
- The IAF contingent included four Su-30 MKI & two C-17 aircraft.
Multinational Naval Exercise Kakadu
- INS Satpura and a P8 I Maritime Patrol Aircraft of the Indian Navy reached Darwin in Australia, for participation in the multinational Exercise Kakadu – 2022, hosted by the Royal Australian Navy.
- The two week-long Exercise, both in harbour and sea, involves ships and maritime aircraft from 14 navies.
- Jimex is Japan-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise, hosted by Indian Navy and the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) with Indian Navy.
- JMSDF is represented by Izumo, a Helicopter Carrier, and Takanami, a Guided Missile Destroyer.
- The Indian Navy is being represented by Sahyadri, a multi-purpose stealth frigate and Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvettes Kadmatt and Kavaratti.
- Additionally, Guided Missile Destroyer Ranvijay, Fleet Tanker Jyoti, Offshore Patrol Vessel Sukanya, submarines, MIG 29K fighter aircraft, Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft and ship borne helicopters are also participating in the exercise.