PIB Analysis 15-09-22
- The Election Commission of India today released a new digital publication ‘BLO e-Patrika’ to establish direct communication with Booth Level Officers.
- The intent behind introducing BLO E-Patrika is to ensure a cascading information model for a better informed and motivated Booth Level Officer.
- “Swachhata” Portal has been launched for the Special Campaign 2.0 which is scheduled to begin on October 2.
- Developed by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in the Union Ministry of Personnel, the Portal is dedicated to Swachhata and reducing pendency of work in Government offices.
- Till date, more than 67,000 Sites have been identified by Ministries/ Departments of Government of India for conducting the cleanliness campaigns and it is likely to touch one lakh sites by 30th of September, while it was only 6,000 sites in the first special campaign undertaken in October, 2021.
- Special Campaign 2.0 will focus more on field/outstation offices in addition to the Ministries/ Departments and their attached/subordinate offices and the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) will oversee implementation of the Special campaign 2.0.
INSPIRE Awards MANAK
- The 9th National Level Exhibition and Project Competition (NLEPC) of INSPIRE Awards – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations and Knowledge) was inaugurated at ITPO, Delhi, on 14th September 2022.
- The innovations reflected a realization of national priorities like technologies for the differently abled, for cleanliness and sanitation, as well as local and day to day necessities like picking fruits and cutting onions without hurting the eyes. Few of them were digital technology-related innovations that could contribute the digital economy.
- INSPIRE Awards – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge) is a flagship scheme jointly implemented by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, and the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) – India, an autonomous body of the DST.
‘Yuva Samvad: India @2047’
- An interaction session titled “YuvaSamvad: India@2047” was organized by the Department of Youth Affairs under the Chairship of Secretary (Youth Affairs) with the youth delegates who have been sent abroad to various countries as a part of Indian Youth Delegation to participate in various International Youth Exchange Programmes organized by the Department of Youth Affairs.