PIB Analysis 15-12-22
India Water Impact Summit 2022
- The summit is being organized from 15th to 17th December, 2022 at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and Center for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (cGanga).
- Its aim is to impart impetus towards developing water and environmental infrastructure to protect rivers and water bodies in India.
- The theme of the 7th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS 2022) is ‘Restoration and Conservation of Small Rivers in a Large Basin’ with emphasis on the select aspects of ‘Mapping and Convergence of 5Ps’ – People, Policy, Plan, Programme and Project.
- In this three-day summit, experts from the country and abroad will discuss ways in which small rivers facing near-extinction in large river basins can be protected.
- The Summit aims to give an insight into the potential causes for divergence and formulate strategy to achieve convergence.
- Like the previous editions of IWIS, the event will host a finance forum to bring together global financial institutions and investors interested in river restoration and conservation programmes.
- It will also provide an opportunity to dozens of technology and innovation companies from around the world to bring their solutions to India and address various issues and concerns pertinent to our river basins.
Women Workforce under MGNREGS
- MGNREGS is a demand driven wage employment scheme which provides for the enhancement of livelihood security of the households in rural areas of the country.
- This is by providing at least one hundred days of guaranteed wage employment in every financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
- As per Schedule II of MGNREGA “Priority shall be given to women in such a way that at least one-third of the beneficiaries shall be women who have registered and requested for work. Efforts to increase participation of single women and the disabled shall be made”.
- Project ‘UNNATI’, launched in December 2019 by Government of India, is a skilling project that intends to upgrade the skill base of the Mahatma Gandhi NREGS workers.
- Women participation rate in MGNREGS in the previous years.
|Women participation rate (%)||53.19||54.71|
|Women person days (in crore)||206.96||198.74|