PIB Analysis 18-01-23
Sainya Ranakshetram 2.0 – A Cyber Threat Seminar Cum Workshop
- The Indian Army under the aegis of HQ Army Training Command (ARTRAC) organised the second edition of Hackathon named “SAINYA RANAKSHETRAM 2.0” from October 2022 to January 2023.
- Its aim is to seek solutions to operational cyber challenges and to jump start and telescope the development time for innovative solutions in the field of Cyber Security.
- The event will provide a platform to identify indigenous talent in niche domains and enhance the standard of training in domains of Cyber Deterrence, Security Software Coding, Electro Magnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO) and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ ML).
G-20 Infrastructure Working Group (IWG)
- The first G20 Infrastructure Working Group meeting under G20 India Presidency concluded on 17th January 2023 in Pune.
- The meeting was attended 64 delegates from by 18 member countries, 8 guest countries and 8 international organisations.
- The G20 IWG discussed the 2023 Infrastructure Agenda under the Indian G20 Presidency.
- The flagship theme of the event was “Financing Cities of Tomorrow- Inclusive, Resilient and Sustainable.”
- The meeting included discussions on various facets of making cities economic centres of growth, financing urban infrastructure, building future-ready urban infrastructure, the role of cities in meeting sustainability targets, directing fiscal investments for unlocking private financing for energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable infrastructure and mitigating social imbalances.
- The meeting also discussed other important themes, such as exploring ways to collate the data on Infrastructure spending and make the data useful for the private sector.
Sagar Parikrama Phase III
- The Department of Fisheries (DoF), Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India (GoI) has launched the ‘Sagar Parikrama’ program on the occasion of 75th Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Sagar Parikrama program is being organized through a pre-decided sea route covering coastal States/UTs.
- Phase III program of ‘Sagar Parikrama’ is being organized in the state of Maharashtra.
‘Sagar Parikrama’ aims to
- facilitate interaction with fishermen, coastal communities and stakeholders so as to disseminate information of various fisheries related schemes and programs being implemented by the Government,
- demonstrating solidarity with all fisher folk, fish farmers and concerned stakeholders as a spirit of Aatmanirbhar Bharat
- promote responsible fisheries with focus on the sustainable balance between the utilization of marine fisheries resources for food security of nation and livelihoods of coastal fisher communities, and
- protection of marine ecosystems. ‘Sagar Parikrama’ program envisages to cover the maritime States/UTs in a phased manner
VIRAASAT – Celebrating Handloom Home Décor
- The Ministry of Textiles is going to organize “VIRAASAT’ – Celebrating Handloom Home Décor – Special Handloom Expo – at Handloom Haat, New Delhi from 20.01.2023 to 30.01.2023 to showcase the Home Décor products made by Handloom.
- Meanwhile, nearly month-long exclusive handloom sari exhibition “VIRAASAT”- Celebrating 75 handwoven Saris of India’, concluded on 17-01-2023.
For more updates, click here