PIB Analysis 20-09-22
INS AJAY DECOMMISSIONED
- INS Ajay was decommissioned on 19 Sep 22 after rendering 32 years of glorious service to the nation.
- INS Ajay (P34) was an Abhay-class corvette, in service with the Indian Navy.
- INS Ajay was commissioned on 24 Jan 1990 at Poti, Georgia in the erstwhile USSR and was part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron.
- The ship was in active naval service for more than 32 years and during her illustrious journey, she participated in several naval operations including Op Talwar during Kargil War and Op Parakram in 2001.
Multiple projects for development of Bogibeel, Assam
- Two floating jetties at Bogibeel in Dibrugarh district and Guijan in Tinsukia district will be constructed as state-of-art terminals using the most advanced & updated technology.
- Both the jetties are being constructed by IWAI over the National Waterways – 2 (NW-2), popularly known as River Brahmaputra.
- Further to this development, plans are afoot to construct an Open platform, a restaurant, 8 bio-toilets and 6 awnings as part of the Riverfront site.
- Government is also identifying avenues to promote inland navigation, river cruise tourism, and construction of suitable terminals across the Brahmaputra.
- Further to the floating jetties, Ferry Ghats, floating restaurants, public eating stalls, tourist visits, picnic spots, eco resorts and so on are also being planned.