Govt of India to roll out Schemes for Strengthening Pharmaceuticals Industry with Focus on MSMEs and Clusters
- Strengthening Pharmaceuticals Industry’ (SPI) will have multiple schemes under it
- Pharmaceuticals Industry Technology Upgradation Assistance Scheme (PTUAS): The MSME unit shall have the option to choose from either Capital subsidy or Interest subvention.
- Assistance to Pharmaceuticals Industry for Common Facilities’ (APICF): Support creation of common facilities like Testing Labs, Common Effluent Treatment plants and other such common facilities by providing Govt support in the form of capital grant to the extent of up to 70 per cent subject to a ceiling of a maximum of Rs. 20 crores.
Jan Samarth Portal available on 24/7 basis
- Under Ministry of Finance.
- Jan Samarth Portal presently hosts loans under 13 credit linked Government Schemes.
- Salient features of the “Jan Samarth” Portal
1) It connects all stakeholders like beneficiaries, financial institutions, Central/State Government Agencies, & Nodal Agencies on a common platform.
2) Applicant can initially access 13 schemes through a single platform.
3) Intuitive guidance to applicants for checking subsidy eligibility.
4) Auto recommendation of the best suitable scheme for beneficiary.
5) Digital approval of loan application based on digital verifications.
6) Beneficiary can track real time status of their loan application.