PIB ANALYSIS 27-09-22
- INS Tarkash is the second Talwar-class frigate constructed for the Indian Navy.
- The ship was built at the Yantar shipyard in Kaliningrad, Russia.
- INS Tarkash made a port call at Port Gentil, Gabon as part of her ongoing deployment in the Gulf of Guinea for anti-piracy patrol.
- This marks the first visit by any Indian Naval Ship to Gabon.
- NS Sunayna is the second Saryu-class patrol vessel of the Indian Navy.
- The ship has been designed and constructed indigenously by the Goa Shipyard Limited.
- INS Sunayna entered Port Victoria in Seychelles to participate in the annual training exercise Operation Southern Readiness of Combined Maritime Forces (CMF).
SWACHH AMRIT MAHOTSAV
- Launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- MoHUA has launched Swachh Toycathon, a competition for new ideas to transform waste into toys. This competition is being launched under the ‘Swachh Amrit Mahotsav.’
- Ministry of Rural Development has developed “JALDOOT App” that will be used across the country to capture the water level of selected wells in a village.
- The Jaldoot app will enable Gram Rojgar Sahayak (GRS) to measure the water level of selected wells twice a year (pre-monsoon and post-monsoon).
- The app will facilitate panchayats with robust data, which can be further used for better planning of works.
- The ground water data could be utilised as part of the Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) and Mahatma Gandhi NREGA planning exercises.
- Further, the data can also be used for different kinds of research and other purposes.
“One Week One Lab”
- “One Week One Lab” is a theme-based campaign to showcase the technological breakthroughs and innovations in each of the 37 CSIR laboratories/institutes spread across the country.