PIB ANALYSIS 28-09-22
- Ministry of Culture organized the celebration of Bathukamma festival being at Kartavyapath, India Gate, New Delhi.
- Bathukamma Festival is an annual celebration in Telangana that goes on for nine days and overlaps with the festival of Navratri.
- The festival is celebrated with colourful exotic flowers of the region and symbolises the collective spirit of the people of Telangana.
- This festival is to pray to the Goddess for the health and achievements of each family.
- Young women of the Hindu household get to pray to the Goddess for a life partner of their choice.
- Bathukamma means “The Mother Goddess comes to life”.
- It represents the culture and identity of the people of Telangana and involves the worship of Maha Gauri – “Life Giver” in the form of Gauri Devi (patron goddess of womanhood).
- The aircraft is designed for long-range anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASuW), and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions.
- The aircraft plays a crucial role in being the eyes of the Indian Navy and carrying out critical maritime operations.
Very Short Range Air Defence System (VSHORADS)
- DRDO conducted two successful test flight of Very Short Range Air Defence System (VSHORADS) missile on 27 Sep 2022 from a ground based portable launcher at the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
- VSHORADS is a Man Portable Air Defence System (MANPAD) designed and developed indigenously by DRDO’s Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in collaboration with other DRDO laboratories and Indian Industry Partners.
- VSHORADS missile incorporates many novel technologies including miniaturized Reaction Control System (RCS) and integrated avionics, which have been successfully proven during the tests.
- The missile, meant for neutralizing low altitude aerial threats at short ranges is propelled by a dual thrust solid motor.
- The design of the missile including launcher has been highly optimized to ensure easy portability. Both the flight tests have completely met the mission objectives.