PIB Analysis 31-12-22
Multicopter (VTOL) Drones
- The Indian Coast Guard has concluded maiden contract for 10 multicopter (VTOL) drones in accordance with Government of India’s policy of embracing Drone Technology.
- This will provide a major boost to Marine Surveillance and Interdiction capabilities of Indian Coast Guard.
- These drones are capable of being launched from both Ships whilst underway, as well as Shore Stations.
- They will play a significant role in the reach of ICG unit during Surveillance & Security operations.
- The drones are capable of assisting in Search and Rescue (SAR), both by day as well as night.
- The ICG plans to induct 100 additional drones by 2025.
Digital India Innovation Fund
- The Government of India is going to launch a Digital India Innovation Fund that will support Deeptech Startups.
- The Prajjwala Challenge has been launched by Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- The aim of the challenge is to invite ideas, solutions and actions that can transform rural economy.
- Individuals, Social Enterprises, Private Sector, Civil Society, Community Based Organization, Academic Institution, Start-ups, Incubation centres, Investors etc are invited to share their ideas on this platform.
- The Mission is looking for ideas and solutions around Innovative Technology Solution, Inclusive Growth, Value Chain Interventions, Enhanced Women Entrepreneurship, Cost effective Solutions, Sustainability, place-based employment, localised models etc.
The broad contours fall into following categories:
- Focus on Women and Marginalized section of community
- Localised Models
- Cost Effective solutions
- Multi sectoral ideas and solutions etc
- Applications are open from 29th December, 2022 to 31st January, 2023.
- Shortlisted ideas will be acknowledged by the Mission and will be provided mentorship support from an expert panel and incubation support to scale up.
- The top 5 ideas will be rewarded with Rs. 2 Lakh each.
- The Prajjwala Challenge will also be shared in the Manthan portal by the office of Principal Scientific Advisor and in the BIMTECH- Atal Innovation Mission Portal
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)
- DAY-NRLM is one of the flagship poverty alleviation programs of the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Its aimed at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor, enabling them to increase household income through sustainable livelihoods enhancements and improved access to financial services.
- The Mission so far has mobilised more than 87 Million women in to the Self Hep Groups and their federations.