• The Government has launched the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) on 15.01.2021, to train 8.00 lakh youths across the country, including North Eastern Region (NER), with an outlay of Rs. 948.90 crore.
About PMKVY 3.0:
• Ministry has designed PMKVY 3.0 as a demand driven scheme with bottom-up approach for identification and mapping of job roles.
• As per extant provision of PMKVY 3.0, District Skill Committee (DSC) shall be the focal point for its implementation.
• DSC shall have major role in preparation of district level plan, mobilization and counseling of candidates, formation of training batches, monitoring of quality assurance and post training support.
• Based on the learning from implementation of PMKVY 1.0 (2015-16) and 2.0 (2016-20), the orientation of the scheme has been changed from supply driven to demand driven under PMKVY 3.0 to boost demand for job roles which are prevailing at regional/local level.
• In addition, informed choices / aspirations of the candidates have been given primacy which aims to support the self-employment as well.
• This scheme also supports the vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat by encouraging candidates to opt for local skills with local jobs.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Source: THE HINDU.