PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation)
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the meeting of the 42nd edition of PRAGATI, the ICT-based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Centre and State governments.
GS-02 (Government Policies and Interventions)
- The platform operates on a three-tier system comprising the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States.
- The Prime Minister conducts a monthly program, known as PRAGATI Day, where he interacts with the Government of India Secretaries and Chief Secretaries via video-conferencing, leveraging data and geo-informatics visuals. These sessions are held on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 3.30 PM.
- The platform identifies and flags issues from a comprehensive database, encompassing public grievances, ongoing programs, and pending projects.
- It leverages and enhances existing databases, including the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) for grievances, the Project Monitoring Group (PMG), and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. It provides a seamless interface and platform for managing these three aspects.
- The PMO team is allocated to review the data entered by the Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries, ensuring comprehensive information is available for the Prime Minister’s review.
- The design of the PRAGATI platform facilitates the Prime Minister’s review process, allowing him to access the flagged issues along with the latest updates and visuals pertaining to each matter. This integrated approach empowers the Prime Minister with a comprehensive understanding of the issues at hand, enhancing informed decision-making and efficient governance.