President launches Ayushman Bhav health campaign
On Wednesday, President Droupadi Murmu virtually unveiled the Ayushman Bhav webpage and campaign from the Raj Bhavan in Gandhinagar.
Ayushman Bhav Health Campaign
- India’s Ayushman Bhav program promotes universal healthcare. The initiative strives to give everyone with access to healthcare and treatment. Initiating the campaign was President Droupadi Murmu.
- The campaign runs from September 17 to October 2, 2023. The initiative strives to guarantee that everyone can access basic healthcare services. The campaign also strives to guarantee that individuals have access to healthcare facilities and raise knowledge about health programs.
- The campaign began before the 2024 Lok Sabha elections.
What is the Objective of the campaign?
The “Ayushman Bhav” campaign’s main goal is to offer complete healthcare coverage to every village and town in India, cutting across geographic boundaries and making sure that no one is left behind. The Ayushman Bharat program’s success is built upon, and it represents a paradigm shift in healthcare delivery.
What is the Implementation Period of the campaign?
From September 17 through October 2, 2023, the campaign will be put into action during the “Seva Pakhwada.” This time highlights a multi-stakeholder, whole-of-nation and whole-of-society approach.
Which all levels of the government are collaborating to make this campaign a success?
The campaign is a joint effort of the Department of Health, other government agencies, and regional elected authorities in both urban and rural regions. It is led by Gram Panchayats. It tries to bring together various government departments, civil society groups, and local communities around a single goal.
What are the three components of the campaign?
The campaign’s three primary components are as follows:
- Ayushman Apke Dwar 3.0: This project aims to increase access to basic health services by issuing Ayushman cards to eligible beneficiaries under the PM-JAY scheme.
- Ayushman Melas at HWCs and CHCs: These Melas are held at HWCs and CHCs to help with early diagnosis, primary healthcare services, teleconsultations with specialists, and appropriate referrals. They also help with the creation of ABHA IDs (Health IDs), issuance of Ayushman Bharat Cards, and other related tasks.
- Ayushman Sabhas: The distribution of Ayushman cards, the creation of ABHA IDs, and the promotion of important health programs, disease conditions, blood donation drives, and organ donation drives all depend on the Ayushman Sabhas, which are held in every village and Panchayat.
What is the vision of Healthy Villages?
Healthy Villages and Gram Panchayats: The program is in line to establish “Healthy Villages” and “Healthy Gram Panchayats,” which will serve as the country’s first step toward attaining Universal Health Coverage. The coveted designation of “Ayushman Gram Panchayat” or “Ayushman Urban Ward” will be awarded to panchayats who effectively execute the health programs, signifying their commitment to providing fair healthcare.
The “Ayushman Bhav” campaign is an all-out push to increase the accessibility and inclusion of healthcare services across India, ultimately aiming to achieve Universal Health Coverage.