The BHISHM Cube, part of Project Arogya Maitri, emerged as a life-saving force in Ayodhya by playing an important role in rescuing Ramkrishna Srivastava, a key member of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, who suffered a heart attack during the consecration event.
GS-02 (Social Justice, Health, Government policies and interventions)
- The Arogya Maitri Disaster Management Cube, codenamed BHISHMA, is a mobile hospital infused with state-of-the-art technology.
- BHISHMA is a pivotal component of the expansive “Project BHISHM” – Bharat Health Initiative for Sahyog, Hita, and Maitri.
- Engineered to cater to 200 casualties, it underscores swift response and all-encompassing healthcare.
- This Aid Cube stands out with an array of innovative tools crafted to elevate disaster response and medical assistance during critical situations.
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data analytics, it streamlines coordination, enables real-time monitoring, and ensures efficient management of medical services on-site.
- The entire unit comprises 72 easily transportable components, facilitating convenient carriage by hand, cycle, or even drone. Notably, the Cube features advanced medical equipment RFID-tagged for streamlined repacking and redeployment.
Benefits of the Initiative:
- Project BHISHMA acts as a crucial link, significantly reducing the time gap from primary care to definitive care, potentially saving numerous lives within the golden hour of emergencies.
- These cubes, characterized by their robust, waterproof, and lightweight design, are versatile for various configurations, making them an ideal solution for diverse emergency scenarios.