SAMPRITI-XI: Strengthening India-Bangladesh Defense Cooperation
11th edition of the annual joint military exercise between India and Bangladesh commenced on October 3, 2023 in Umroi, Meghalaya.
- The mission of this exercise is to enhance interoperability between the Indian and Bangladeshi armies.
- It serves as an opportunity for two armies to exchange tactical knowledge and the promotion of best practices in military operations.
- The exercise was commenced back in 2009 and has been in play ever since a decade now. This demonstrates the commitment of India and Bangladesh on deepening their defense ties.
- Objective: Main aim being “interoperability” between the armies of the two nations, it also involves the development of common understanding of military tactics, procedures, and protocols so that both armies can achieve greater interoperability and can work seamlessly together, ensuring the effectiveness of joint military operations when needed.
- Another crucial objective of the exercise is to promote best practices in military operations.
- It contributes by identifying and implementing the most effective strategies and approaches for the refinement of military processes.
- SAMPRITI-XI aligns with Chapter VII of the UN mandate, focusing on Sub-Conventional Operations.