Shri Ramalinga Swamy
200th Birth Anniversary of Shri Ramalinga Swamy also known as Vallalar was celebrated on 5th October.
Shri Ramalinga Swamy:
- Shri Ramalinga Swamy was a renowned Tamil poet from the 19th century.
- He was from a small village from Tamil Nadu.
- His spent most of his time teaching that left an indelible mark on society, transcending time and boundaries.
- He saw divinity in every element of the universe.
- His had a strong opposition towards the caste system.
- He establishment the ‘Samarasa Vedha Sanmarga Sangam’ in 1865, later renamed ‘Samarasa Suddha Sanmarga Sathya Sangam.‘ This institution symbolized the unity of all, irrespective of their backgrounds.
- He also founded ‘The Sathya Dharma Salai,’ a facility in Vadalur, Tamil Nadu, in 1867, where free food was offered without any discrimination based on caste.
- His teachings revolved around the profound idea that “Service to Living Beings is the path of Liberation/Moksha.” This simple yet profound maxim emphasized the importance of selfless service and kindness as the route to spiritual liberation.
- Shri Ramalinga Swamy’s philosophy was known as Suddha Sanmarga, emphasized that love, charity, and divine practice were the essential components of human life, leading to pure knowledge.
- He also was a staunch advocate for not harming animals for the sake of food.
- He believed that God, in the form of Grace, personified Mercy and Knowledge. According to his teachings, Mercy served as a pathway to God, guiding individuals towards profound understanding and spiritual realization.