Successful Flight Test of Next-Generation AKASH Missile
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) recently accomplished a triumphant flight test of the New Generation AKASH (AKASH-NG) missile. This landmark event took place at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) located in Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
Flight Test Highlights:
- Conducted against a high-speed unmanned aerial target flying at an exceptionally low altitude, the flight test yielded commendable results.
- The AKASH-NG missile system effectively intercepted and neutralized the target during the test, showcasing its precision and efficiency.
Validation of Complete Weapon System:
- Crucially, the flight test served as a comprehensive validation of the entire weapon system, comprising the missile itself equipped with an indigenously developed Radio Frequency Seeker, along with the Launcher, Multi-Function Radar, and the Command, Control & Communication system.
- The AKASH-NG system represents a cutting-edge missile technology designed to counter high-speed and agile aerial threats.
- With an impressive range of approximately 80 km, the missile system demonstrates advanced capabilities in intercepting a variety of challenging targets.
- This successful flight test marks a significant stride in the development and deployment of advanced missile systems, showcasing India’s prowess in indigenous defence technology.
- The AKASH-NG system’s ability to effectively engage targets reaffirms its role as a potent and reliable defence asset.